Thursday, March 6, 2014
Hooray! I'm finally joining "Three Things Thursday", hosted by pal Heidi of Heidi's Head fame. Since I am doing some unusual packing and preparation for my upcoming trip to Walt Disney World Resort, I thought I'd share...
It's been ages since I packed for a Disney Park and didn't start with running shoes, tutus and running bras. There will be no racing this weekend!! Instead there will be a focus on glam, nostalgia and Disney camaraderie, for I'm traveling to my very first Dapper Day. Headed into it's third year, these twice-yearly events take place in Disneyland Resort, Walt Disney World Resort, and Disneyland Resort Paris. As I set off for Orlando this weekend, this is what I'm packing:
1. A DRESS No, not a sundress or moo moo, a dressy dress. With matching shoes. And jewelry. Oh, my!
2. Curlers and super-sonic hairspray. I'm not sure how my vintage styling will hold up in the Florida heat and humidity, but I'm giving it my best effort.
3. NAIL POLISH. Yes, I'll be a chipped mess by the time I return, but I'm going all-in. Here's the link to my Pinterest Dapper Days Board; which design do you think I should choose??
Tuesday, February 25, 2014
|Troll~ Norway Pavilion|
How is it that my family has not visited Walt Disney World Resort during the Epcot International Flower & Garden Festival?? It seems we often vacation in the period immediately before, or directly following the festival dates, and thus we have frequently enjoyed its Topiary Displays, but not the festival in "full bloom". In fact, most of these displays were visible during Disney Princess Half Marathon Weekend. (A majestic bonus, I must say!)
|Captain Hook~ United Kingdom Pavilion|
|Winnie the Pooh and Friends~ United Kingdom Pavilion|
This year, I am giddy to report that I will be returning to the park in two weeks for the Epcot International Flower & Garden Festival opening weekend!!! I thought I'd share my Top "T" Must-Dos:
- The New Kermit the Frog & Miss Piggy Topiary Display; located between the Germany and Italy Pavilions.
- The Guess Who kick off the festival- March 7-9; Flower Power Concert Series.
- Tinker Bell's Butterfly House; Imagination Walkway.
- Ghost Pepper-Dusted Tilapia with Crisp Winter Melon Slaw, (The New Urban Farm Eats); Smoked Turkey "Rib", (The Smokehouse); Tango Mango Pale Ale (Pineapple Promenade); Twinings Cold Brewed English Classic with Lemon Grass Syrup, (The Buttercup Cottage); all available at the Outdoor Kitchens. (Being a super fan of Epcot International Food & Wine Festival, I am so anxious to taste as many of this spring festival's tantalizing offerings as I can!)
- Vern Vip- Interior Design presentation; Designer's Stage Presented by HGTV.
Topiaries and tastings, talent and tulips!!
Friday, February 21, 2014
It's official- we're Frozen! DID you know that 49 of the United States have seen snow this winter? Could there be a more fitting hit movie this season??
Let's do this! Join DIStherapy, our host The Dragyn's Lair, and Fronkensteen Lounge, DISDads, Merlot Mommy, Focused on the Magic, My Pixie Dust Diary, Magical Mouse Schoolhouse, Mouse Fan Diane, Taking the Florida Plunge, The NYC Talon, and MapleMouseMama for official Frozen fun.
a Rafflecopter giveaway
Tuesday, February 18, 2014
We leave for Walt Disney World Resort for the Disney Princess Half Marathon Weekend on Thursday. It will be our first trip "without these beauties".
|I was able to save this from our 2014 Walt Disney World Marathon Weekend trip.|
On the plus side, our MagicBand collection is growing nicely!! Disney magic is a living entity, it morphs as we do...