Ahoy mateys! Landlubbers and seafarers alike will get the admiral's treatment at Disney's Beach Club Resort, and I have five reasons you should drop anchor at this Disney Deluxe Resort.
Welcome to this month's Blogorail Orange Loop. Today we are sharing our reviews of the deluxe resorts at Walt Disney World.
Prepare to set a course for old-fashioned New England-esque luxury without a bit of fussiness. 2016 brought a major refurbishment to this nautical favorite, so expect all will be ship shape for your future visits.
1. Stormalong Bay
|Disney's Yacht Club Resort and Disney's Beach Club Resort pool views|
- Life-sized shipwreck slide (150-feet of splash for brave me hearties; a kiddie slide is located within the ship.)
- Lazy river (Inner tubes available for rent)
- Pools (Including zero-entry sandy-bottom options)
- three whirlpool spas
Eat poolside at Hurricane Hanna's Grill or nearby Beaches & Cream Soda Shop, and you never have to get out of your flip flops!
|Better than walking the plank!|
Even the saltiest of beachcombers will eventually want to leave the surf. Your quarters will be in walking distance to Epcot (International Gateway entrance), Disney's Hollywood Studios, Disney's Yacht Club Resort, Disney's Boardwalk Resort, and Walt Disney World Swan & Dolphin Hotels. Stretch those pirate legs all! Need some R & R before (certainly after) hitting the parks? Take a boat to Epcot and or Disney's Hollywood Studios. You'll feel so relaxed, you may want to remain adrift.
|Some of your choices mate: Boat or International Gateway Walkway.|
3. Club Level Luxury
Wow, just wow. A berth in the Club Level area of Disney's Beach Club Resort comes with the added perk of included-in-the-price food and drink. Breakfast, snacks, hors d'oeuvres with wine, desserts and cordials, are complimentary and scheduled throughout the day. If you plan to feed a hungry crew, you could indeed get your money's worth here.
Add in the benefits of concierge check-in and reservation assistance and turn-down service (with chocolates) and luxurious bathrobes hanging in your closet, this upgraded Pixie Dust seemed worth it to me!
4. Dining Choices
I know what you're thinking. Other Disney resort hotels have far more in-house dining options. Disney's Beach Club Resort dining selections include:
- Cape May Cafe (Character Dining)
- Beaches & Cream Soda Shop (Casual Dining)
- Hurricane Hanna's Grill (Poolside Quick-Service Dining)
- Beach Club Marketplace (Quick-Service Dining)
- Martha's Vineyard (Lounge)
However, if you factor in the multitude of restaurants within walking distance, your choices are close to limitless. From Yachtsman Steakhouse (Disney's Yacht Club), to Il Mulino (Walt Disney World Swan Hotel), to ESPN Club (Disney's Boardwalk), to the myriad of dining spots located in World Showcase alone, chow will not be a concern here!
Soak up the beauty of the 25-acre Crescent Lake (which I personally watched them dredging while staying here in 1995.) It really is hard to imagine that this is a man-made body of water. As with all of Disney properties, each square inch that surrounds you is authentic and themed to enhance the mood and charm. How 'bout that lighthouse??
What an idyllic spot to run aground. Navigate your family to Disney's Beach Club Resort during your next Walt Disney World Resort excursion. I'll save you a beach chair!
Here is the map of our Magical Blogorail Orange | WDW Deluxe Resort Reviews Loop:
- 1st Stop - Magical Mickey Tips | Four Seasons Resort Orlando
- 2nd Stop - Trips with Tykes | Disney's Grand Floridian Resort & Spa
- 3rd Stop - DISTherapy | Disney's Beach Club Resort
- 4th Stop - Rolling with the Magic | Disney's Polynesian Village Resort
- 5th Stop - Dad for Disney | Disney's Contemporary Resort
- 6th Stop - What's the Point? | Disney's Animal Kingdom Lodge
- 7th Stop - Magical Memories with the Mouse | Waldorf Astoria Bonnet Creek
- 8th Stop - Adventures in Familyhood | Disney's Wilderness Lodge
- 9th Stop - Running on Disney | Disney's BoardWalk Inn
- 10th Stop - The Blogorail | Disney's Yacht Club Resort